The National Meteorological Center renewed its yellow alert for rainstorms on Friday, as heavy rains are expected to continue from southwestern to northeastern China.
From Friday to Saturday morning, heavy rain or storms will hit parts of Sichuan, Shanxi, Shandong, Henan, Hebei, Liaoning, Jilin and Heilongjiang provinces, the center said online on Friday morning.
Rainfall could exceed 70 millimeters per hour in some regions. Parts of Hebei and Liaoning provinces, as well as Tianjin, will experience precipitation of between 100 to 200 millimeters within a day, the center said.
Northeastern provinces will also encounter thunderstorms or hail. The center advised local authorities to prepare for the weather, halt outdoor activities and take precautions against possible flooding and landslides.
The last yellow alert was issued on Wednesday night when heavy showers hit southern and southwestern provinces including Sichuan, Hunan and Jiangxi. China has a four-tier color-coded weather warning system, with red the most severe, followed by orange, yellow and blue.
On Friday morning, a rain-induced mudslide broke through a house in southwestern Yunnan province's Daba village, killing four people, according to China Central Television.
As of Thursday, rain-induced floods have killed three people and affected 932,000 in 62 cities, districts and counties in Sichuan province, with direct economic losses estimated to be around 2.4 billion yuan ($360 million), the Ministry of Emergency Management said.
The floods, caused by heavy rainfall that started on Saturday, have toppled more than 600 homes and led to the evacuation of 101,000 in Sichuan. The floods also affected 36,900 hectares of crops, 5,200 hectares of which were destroyed, ministry said.
Sichuan's neighboring Gansu province suffered worse casualties, with 12 people killed, four missing and more than 1 million people affected by flooding that started on Saturday. Direct economic losses there are estimated at more than 1.4 billion yuan so far.
More than 1,200 houses collapsed, some 7,700 houses were damaged and 27,000 people were evacuated, the ministry said. On Thursday, the ministry sent work groups involved in disaster relief, firefighting, geological hazard management and production safety to Sichuan.
The ministry, alongside the Ministry of Finance, allocated 180 million yuan in subsidies to Fujian, Zhejiang and Jiangxi provinces on Thursday to help people evacuate and remedy the impact of the floods and Typhoon Maria, which landed in southeastern Fujian province on Wednesday.